Manager Storage & Backup
The Storage and Backup Manager is responsible for both Operations and Project Delivery for Storage and Backup Services. This individual will manage our storage and backup teams and be responsible for the organizational vision and strategy to provide a world class storage and backup team focused on operational excellence and exceeding clients on project delivery.
This individual will need to ensure that our storage and backup services meet desired performance, capacity, and client metric targets. This is inclusive but not limited to capacity management, monitoring, creation of dashboards, metrics, project scorecards, and identifying and executing quality projects to reduce complexity, improve service delivery, and availability.
• Provide continuous availability, issue resolution, disaster recovery testing and coordination of team efforts with the appropriate technical support organizations and service suppliers (internal and vendor).
• Manage provisioning, performance, availability, and capacity for all environments.
• Provide for 24x7x365 support and develop a global support model to assist our international operations.
• Adhere to and implement technical standards
• Provide input and insight to the infrastructure architecture team for future storage and backup architecture development.
• Guide the design and implementation of new storage and backup environments
• Provide commitments to project execution, ensure on-time project delivery, and provide on-going reporting to track project progress.
Process Improvements and Simplification
• Adopt Six Sigma Process Improvement methodology and identify process improvement opportunities and initiatives.
• Research and implement continuous improvement metrics
• Design improvements specific to forecasting, speed-to-market, capacity planning, monitoring, and performance reporting.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide regular status reports.
• Lifecycle management of all storage and backup infrastructure.
• Design and implement new storage and backup infrastructures to meet growing demand of business.
• Ensure that all systems are tuned to maintain high availability and capacity to meet demand.
• Ensure that all issues are followed up and quickly brought to resolution to achieve 99.999% availability.
• Implement Failure Mode Management for the Storage and Backup Technology stack
• Prepare AFE and ROMs for acquisition of hardware and software
• Working knowledge of EMC(NAS, SAN), 3PAR, Netbackup, Legato, VTLs, UNIX, LINUX, W2008, VMWARE
• Eliminate all single points of failure and drive to a 99.999% availability
• Manage storage and backup teams and provide metrics including configuration and capacity management.
• Maintain and administer processes for change including scheduling, coordination, and impact assessment.
• Hardware and System Software contract management and tracking.
• Work with Project Managers to ensure compliance with documented requirements.
• Issue regular reports to management on approved performance measures such as activity levels, process compliance levels, success/failure rates; monitor compliance with change standards and procedures and report deviations to management.
• Insure compliancy is maintained for SOX, PCI, SAS70
• Insure Disaster Recovery plan is up-to-date and tested annually.
• Receives general direction and guidance from the Senior Director, Global Infrastructure Management
• Responsible for hiring, supervision and performance management of Storage and Backup teams.
• Acts as Project Manager for Storage and Backup projects and initiatives.
• Collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
• 4-year college degree in computer science or business required, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of five, preferably seven or more year’s experience in storage and backup services, systems analysis, project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated excellent analytical abilities.
• Strong management, diplomatic, and judgment skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with change management software applications, preferably those used by (Remedy, Crystal Reports)
• Strong technical documentation writing experience
• Familiarity with 24X7 computer operations methodologies and IT management best practices (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, ITIL)
• Preferred Six Sigma certified.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Why Choose The Henson Group?
Over 17+ years experience
Most employees are former Microsoft employees, giving us access to:
Microsoft executives and product groups
Code and knowledge not generally available to our competitors
Free escalation path to Microsoft Premier Support provided by Microsoft
Implementations at a fraction of the cost our competition charges
ISO 27000, 9000, 20000 certified and GDPR Compliant
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back on any project
Recognized by industry with numerous awards, including "Microsoft Partner of the Year" 6x