Website Henson Group
For one of our Clients
We are growing our practice and are seeking a Sr. Unified Communications / Messaging Engineer/Architect to join our team.
Working closely with the team, you will leverage your experience to perform advanced infrastructure design and deployment work in a service provider enterprise computing environment. Core skills required are windows based systems including but not limited to:
• Skype for Business (Formerly Microsoft Lync)”. and other IM systems (Strong Skills Required)
• Integration with Polycom VVX Skype Phones
• Microsoft Windows operating systems (Strong Skills Required)
• Microsoft Active Directory in a multi-forest environment, GPOs,DFSR…etc. (Strong Skills Required)
• Identity Management Systems, Microsoft Identity Manager, NetIQ, etc.
• Microsoft Exchange 2013/16 in a resource forest configuration (Strong Skills Required)
Formal project and documentation experience is a strong requirement for this position and consulting experience is highly preferred. Candidates must be self-starters and capable of executing complex projects with minimal input from management.
In this role you will be asked to:
• Design, document and deploy S4B and Exchange messaging services that meet predefined SLAs
Services must be robust, resilient and highly available
• Develop and document best practices and operating procedures
• Design, write, test, implement, and maintain complex Shell scripts as needed
• Deploy and administer various Windows based platforms
• Identify, evaluate, and apply software/firmware patches
• Research, assess and evaluate new and emerging technologies to determine suitability for the client’s current and future enterprise computing needs
• Provide third tier support address critical outages
• Provide IT services such as, capacity planning and load management, security assessments and threat resolution, monitoring and resolution of reliability and performance issues, and infrastructure maintenance at the system level and for individual software components
This position will be based out of our New York City office.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• 5+ years implementing Microsoft Exchange/OCS/Lync 2007/2010/2013 in complex environments
• 3+ years consulting experience designing and implementing complex projects
• 5+ years experience installing, administering and supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
• 5+ years experience implementing multi-forest Active directory environments
• 5+ years experience implementing GPOs, OU, resources, security principals, replication, DNS/name space, group policy management, schema modifications, ADFS, SSO, domain/forest creation
• 5+ years strong shell scripting (PowerShell, NT, SQL,…) Example scripts must be provided!
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Immediate authorization to work in the US
• Professional business demeanor
• Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.